Saturday, 3 December 2011

It was a mess. It was a whirling mess.

Sounds of clattering of utensils can be heard as diners were enjoying every moment of the sumptuous lunch buffet. White tables and chairs were sunk into the sand for stability.

The breeze was gentle and welcoming. The sun was friendly during the alfresco lunch my friends and I were enjoying.

"Let me go!"

All of us had our head turned to the other table.

"Ahhhh!"

The agitated lady shrieked and ran all the way down to the waters. The sand scattered across that table and people were frantically chasing her. She jumped into the friendly wave and kept going further into the sea.

"Sandy!" One of her male friend shouted as he sprinted across the shore and into the waters.

Sandy's few of her other friends followed suit. With all their might, they finally pulled the stubborn and bawling Sandy out of the waters.

"Why!" Sandy screamed and teared in agony.

All her friends could do is just to calm her down. The breathless Sandy slowly lifted her head to look up to her worried friends. As she slowly turned her head, she looked towards my direction. Her red and swollen eyes pierced through my soul. It seemed as though we connected by that instant.

Her damp hair was all over her face. Her male friend gently wiped her hair away and held her close. Our eyes still fixed onto each other and Sandy broke the eye contact as she was being carried away into the indoors.

"Geez, wonder what is wrong with her eyh!" Commented one of my friend at my table.

"Just someone who do not know how to treasure her life!" Another responded.

All of us did not take the incident into our hearts and continued with our widespread feast.

After the lunch, we rested in the resort, had a massage and did a little shopping. By then, it was late afternoon. I excused myself from my group as I had been yearning to spend some time with myself.

I promised to meet them at the beach-side dining area where we had our lunch. Trotting down to the beach, I was greeted with the sound of the wave and chirping of birds. The strong and cooling wind was embracing through my hair. The smell of the wind revitalized my soul. The warmth of the sun softly absorbed into my skin. Glimmers from the sun was reflected from the calm water.

"Ahhh. What a magnificent day to be at the beach!" Smiling to myself.

Wriggling my toes into the silky sand, my arms stretched out horizontally and I let out a huge sigh of relieve. I found myself smiling and feeling rather delighted to have myself this wonderful vacation off from reality.

Strolling along the shore, my feet stepped into the waters.

"Eww, seaweed!" I thought in disgust.

Lifting my chin up to peer further out to the sea, there were two boats being anchored to the harbor. The weather was perfect, as though the sun was in an extremely good mood or was dozing off.

"Time!"

I checked my watch and it was about time to meet my friends. Skipping through the velvet sand, I made my way to the alfresco dining area.

Upon reaching, my friends were sharing their table with another stranger.

"Great."

Personally, I would prefer to have our own space to fully appreciate the time to bond together. Walking towards my friends, I was looking intensely at the stranger's back view.

"It's about time, Eliza. Come on, get yourself a drink!"

Faintly smiling to my friend, I sat beside the stranger and asked for the waiter to have my drinks ordered.

Sandy.

She is the stranger beside me. Now she seemed rested. However, she look extremely troubled. Sandy had a pint of beer in front of her which was not even close to finishing. I looked over to her and gave a polite smile. The waiter noted my drink down and I proceeded to chat with my friends.

"Don't you have anything to ask me?"

I was interrupted by that question. I turned my head towards Sandy and she was looking intensely at me, expecting an answer.

"I... I'm sorry?" It was all that I could respond.

"Don't you have anything to find out about me? Or about life?"

"What do you mean? Why would I have anything to ask you?"

Sandy looked away with a sneer to her face. She looked down on her beer and stared blankly at it. I could not be bothered with her and I turned away.

"Don't you have anything to worry about? Like bills to pay? Huh?!"

My eyebrows frowned. Looking at Sandy with great confusion, "Of course I have bills to pay. Of course I have financial difficulties to resolve. But why would I want to think about all these when I am on a vacation?"

Sandy seemed dumbfounded. As she opened her mouth to rebut whatever I said, screams from all around jolted us from our seat.

"WAVE!"

"Tsunami!"

My eyes looked towards the sea in disbelief. The wave was huge however, it is definitely not a tsunami. It was about two meters high and it was raging towards our direction. Sprouting up from our seats, we panicked and frantically stumbled through the silky sand, away from the shore.

I felt heavier. My dress felt heavier. The next thing I realized, I was submerged fully into the water.

The silence in the water was deafening.

Struggling to look around, it was nothing but all blue. The beauty of the ocean engulfed me entirely. The calmness within the depth which I am sinking into brought peace into my heart.

Oxygen.

My lungs need oxygen, or rather, air!

Getting myself together, I swam upwards. The shimmers that the water soaked up from the sun was like a glimmer of hope for my survival. I must get up there.

My lungs are burning, my chest was about the explode. Every desperate opportunity I got as I gasped for air when my head emerged from the choppy waters, the next wave overwhelmed me.

As much as I love the water, I still require air to survive. The furious wave did not stand to give anyone a chance.

Every veins in my lungs are shouting out for survival. I gasped and opened my eyes. I clasped my hands and felt a soft cotton cloth. My heart was bashing against my rip cage.

"Thank God"

Taking my time to fathom the reality, I got up and rested my back against the wall beside my bed. How amazing can dreams be to mash reality and imagination together. Before I got to bed the previous night, I was worrying about the additional bills I have on my shoulders, however I kept reminding myself not to be too swarmed by all these happenings.

Sandy was me. I was arguing with myself in that dream. Sandy was me worrying non-stop. Me being in that dream was just being the typical me, to hide my problems and enjoying other things as much as I can. Me in that dream just want to relax and have a time off from reality, however, Sandy have to be there to bug me. HAHA! I am such a pro-dream analyzer uh!

Why not try to take one step at a time rather than worrying so many things in the future.

Worrying does not help in resolving any problems. Positivism and a clear mind to work things out, does.

5 comments:

sohel rana said...

I read your blog .to gather knowledge your blog is very essential.............thank you
travellingspot

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I liked this hark work in your page, you are standing up with great writing! This web site is very enlightening!
My name is Carla, I Live on Paris, so I will be a fan of this web site, my hobbies may be boring but I say them anyway I like football as well as tv shows, and I also play a lot Him on my bedroom, I´m without boyfriend now so male users....just kidding :)! I already tried online dating It did not worked out very well....
I made this comment because as I previously said I really enjoy your page I also have a web community just like you, but mine is vey different from this, it is about no deposit poker bonus....:)
I will also apologize for my language it was the only way I found to communicate with you guys....Good Night to everybody, Bye, by the way Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Hello mate, I liked your work in this web site, you are helping web people with knowledge! This blog is very enlightening!
My name is Isabel, from Glasgow, and I am going to be a fan of this web site, my personal details you may don´t want to know them but I will tell them off course I am very found of reading as well as fishing, and I also listen a lot Shakira on my parties, I´m without boyfriend at the moment so boys watch out for me....Just flirting with you guys lol :)! I already tried online dating It did not worked out very well....
I made this comment because as I previously mentioned I really like your web site I also have a forum just as you, but mine is many different from this, it is about free poker money....:)
I will also apologize for my language it is the only way I get to communicate with you....Good afternoon to you all, Bye bye

Anonymous said...

Finally you have the slicing age info to generate YouTube hits yourself. This tutorial is designed to introduce you to the Art and science of creating more YouTube views at will. I think with a tiny little details about how YouTube works and less than little effort, you can lay aside yourself from procuring YouTube views forever.

Anonymous said...

I love your header!

http://lucie-breakeven.blogspot.com/