Friday, 3 July 2015

Ocean

The treacherous wind embrace my dark brown hair. Work on-board will never be done. Squirming my eyes from the stinging afternoon sun, the air feels cooling. The women will find this weather a pleasant one with the current calming wave of the sea.

Historically, women are not allowed on-board until a few years ago it all changed for the better. The State of Piracy approved and removed the stigma of women being on-board. We rejoiced and celebrated the fact that more women will be able to find work and try to struggle their way out of poverty.

Trotting across the upper deck, I spot my husband. I see him looking out into the vast blue waters with his eyes squinting. The sun rays sprinkled diamonds on the surface of the majestic ocean. Once in a while, I find myself enjoying the magnificent view of the gorgeous nature placed before us.

My husband sees me and his right arm draws upward, waving at me. I flash my dearest smile over to him. His job is not easy and no normal man can do what my husband could.

"How's the ladies doing, me love?" My husband asks with his low husky voice. He leans over to me and rewards me with a peck on my cheek.

"They are fine. The last shift is almost over." I have to take care of the ladies on board. They are being paid to please the men here. These men starts work when the sun eases down. That is the best time for my husband and his men to strike.

The ladies whom I supervise works hard in the day and rests at night. Some of them are not at all pleased with what they ought to do. I am the one who have to set them straight.

"Get down there and do what you are paid to do, you wretched slut!" I had to chide them once in a while. Not one of these women are allowed to climb over me. I condone that. This one girl, Kacca, whom I will remember for the rest of my life as she was the first girl I trashed in public on-board last year. That imbecile refused to use her mouth for one of the Chief on board. How dare she opposed to her own job scope which she signed up for. My reputation is at stake, for goodness' sake!

It was a lesson I had to teach to the other girls... Women. I like to call them women. It sounds a notch higher - of good quality for the men. Thrashing Kacca in front of the other women was something I had to do, to show what I am capable of, to oppress the women. It will make my job easier this way. 

The sun begin to set. The bell strikes for the men to come out to the deck. The waves began to tremble. The nightly war is going to start. I shoved the women into their cabins.

I have to admit, it is a tough job being a pirate's wife on board.

-----------------------------

Text copyright © Eliza 2015

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or re-transmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

A single copy of the materials available in this story may be made, solely for personal, noncommercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic form or in hard copy, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. 

No comments: