With my might, I pried the stranger's heavy arm off my body. It seemed like it weighed a ton. My veins were bursting as I struggled to free myself and my ears were deaf to the chaos around me.
The debris and dust constantly seemed to successfully stop me from what was I doing to clear my throat with a slew of cough attacks. Dust from the ground got shaken up and floated upwards, contributing to the chaos. These people need to stop stomping and running everywhere!
"No, I need to get up!"
Being on the ground was too vulnerable and I could not get risk being stepped on. The thought of suffocating in this potential human stampede sent cold spikes down my spine. Kicking the stranger's belly away from me, the body of the obese man finally flipped to the other side and I was free of his grasp. My eyes enlarged as I observed whether this man was alive or not, as he laid still on the ground with his eyes closed and mouth slightly ajar.
He was wearing a dirty light khaki tee with a dark brown seude pants. Who wears seude pants nowadays? His overflowing belly fats seemed to be exploding anytime from the tight grip of the belt. I concluded. He is dead. I do not know how was he dead, there were no blood stains or open wound. He was not breathing.
I helped myself up.
I helped myself up.
Could not waste my time wondering how to save anyone when everyone was screaming frantically at God-knows-what. Quickly, I observed what was actually happening around me. The air was dusty but I could see destroyed buildings along the stretch of the central city.
People were running away from an attacker. From where I was standing, it seemed like the ceiling was going to fall anytime. I decided to run off and instantaneously, my right leg burnt and I felt as though my veins were scorched with lava. Every move I made, sent torturous bullet shot to my leg. The sound of the attacker was closing in.
Now I could clearly see what was destroying the city. The mysterious blue rays swiped across the street and victims were disintegrated to dusts. Their scream for help was silenced abruptly.
"What on Earth?"
It was then I realized I needed help. I was not agile enough to escape. My position was too exposed in this chaos. The attacker could easily see me and disintegrate me with the mysterious blue rays. Like the rays of a ferocious lightning.
My heartbeat increased, my hands were shivering and the panic attack started drying up my throat. I tried to swallow my saliva but the moist was gone right away.
"Help! Please, anyone!"
I crouched helplessly. My spirit was giving up hope. I seemed invisible to the panic strictened crowd. My tears started to break loose. Inch by inch, I dragged myself on the ground. The immense pain in my leg sent needles of fired up my spine. At once, the attacker stopped shooting it's mysterious blue rays. It was quiet for a moment. "Had it stopped?"
I looked up and saw a pair of large green robotic eyes staring back at me and pierced deep into my soul. A layer of black cloak covered it's metal structure, it stood up to three meters high. The attacker had two biomechincal legs and three elastic piped arms for it to hold onto a gun which emitted a blue colour energy substance, pointing at me.
My tears stopped. The strong wind blew against my damp face and my hair was being thrown up with the wind. I was preparing for my own death. It should be painless, since I was just going to disintegrate to dusts. I could not escape, I could not negotiate with that robot. There are no way I can get out of here with a broken leg.
The gun began to gear up. The sound of the kinetic energy building up was freaking me out.
"Just shoot me and be done with it!" I shrieked at the weird robot.
The ruthless eye seemed to agree with me by slowly closing and opening its eyes. The next thing I knew, the sound off the blue rays struck out of the gun.
My life is going to end... Now. I buried my head into my arms. I did not want to see how I was going to die. My eyes were shut tight.
Debris started falling onto me. A dark shadow engulfed and I could feel the heat of the rays. All I could hear was a stinging sound of silence. "Is this how people feel while being disintegrated?"
The ground began to shake, my hearing was slowly gaining back. People were still shouting and screaming. Someone... Someone was calling out for me. How could this be?
"Eliza! Come on!"
My eyelids opened. The sight of Warden threw me back onto the ground.
From the ground, he seemed to be bigger size than usual. He peered down at me with both his arms on the handle of what seemed to be a black colored Dodge Tomahawk bike with its shiny dark steel body then Warden reached his hands out for me to grab it.
I was hesitating. I glanced up at the green eyed robot, it was almost dysfunctional, it could not balance itself, the energy from its eyes does not have much of a glow. I realized that the gun which was meant to kill me, actually shot its rays at the opposite destroyed building. The street was marked with a motorbike's tyre mark. It was then I noticed that Warden had positioned himself with the bike in front of me to protect the rays from killing me.
Why would he want to risk his life saving me? His race would not like it that he was saving a worthless human like myself.
"We have to go." Warden patiently conveyed.
With one arm, Warden pulled me up to his bike so easily like he did not have to use any strength. I had to grab his bulky arms tight and positioned myself to sit behind him. His body was too big, I could not see what was up ahead.
Without any choice, I had to trust him. Trust him to save my life. Reluctantly, I held onto his waist guard as he accelerated off to get out of central city and back to Oxford.
No comments:
Post a Comment